Saturday, October 16, 2010

More MO Maitake

Not much time to write tonight but here are a few photos from todays hunt.



Here are a few of the ones that were so fresh I had to leave them behind. Hopefully they will grow and I can pick them later this week.


One tree over from where I left behind the babies, i found this nice chicken of the woods. I prefer them a little younger than this, but knowing that I was meeting Mr. Rogers soon, who loves them, I figured I had better take it with me to pass along to someone who would enjoy it.

Here were my finds before I met up with Mr Rogers.

We walked a trail that has now come up empty twice and wasted some time. On the way back we took a trip over to a tree that was a known producer but that I had checked about 8 days ago and found zilch, and today these nice ones were there.

Didn't have much time after that but before I headed home Mr Rogers showed me a tree that he left 4 on the other day. All looked nice and healthy with no signs of drying. Mr Rogers said they had gotten about 2 to 3 times bigger in just a few days, which is promising for the ones that I left behind.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Great-looking 'shrooms! This gives me hope that I may yet find some this autumn.