- Water and plenty of it (three is none at the camp but you can get it in other parts of the park)
- Food for lunch and snacks
- Bug spray (the ticks and skeeters are both pretty bad this year)
- Rain gear or umbrella, unless you don't mind getting wet. (There's a good chance of showers sometime tomorrow and Sunday)
- A basket or bags for collecting mushrooms.
- A roll of aluminum foil. If you are collecting both edible and non-edibles then you don't want to get what could possibly be a poisonous mushroom (or even a piece of one) mixed in with your chanterelles. You can make little bags with the foil and keep everything separate in your bag/basket.
Friday, June 24, 2011
Foray Update - This Weekend (June 25-26)
Just a reminder of the Mid-MO mushroom foray this weekend. The rain hasn't been as plentiful as I would like (though that is probably a good thing for those along the Big Muddy) there are still mushrooms to be found in the woods. Reports of chanterelles, boletes, chicken of the woods, and numerous non-edibles have been coming in all week.
For those who plan to attend, here are few things you may want to consider bringing along.
I will be checking my email tonight if you have any last minute questions or need more information. Hope to see you this weekend.