Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Early Missouri Reports

I was going to post this one later but after seeing a recent comment on the last post saying it is just too cold, I figured I should get this out sooner than later.
Sightings of young black morels and even a few small grays are trickling in from southern MO on a lot of the morel reports boards all last week. Then on Monday, I get this from Tim down in Laclede County. He found a nice looking youngen coming up in the grass on Sunday. Thanks Tim for sharing your find. Also kudos on taking the paper like a good Show-Me hunter.
Laclede is only a few counties south of my own, Boone, along what I would call the southern edge of Mid-MO. I know it won't be long now for Columbia. A little warmer weather is all we need to get things a popping. By next weekend if you look hard enough or in the right spots, you should be able to find a few of these yourself.

1 comment:

QueenBuck said...

This makes me so sxcited. I went out to my favorite spot yesterday with no luck. Have you heard anymore news on recent finds?