Thursday, March 01, 2012

The Miracle of Mushrooms - Some Reading to Pass the Time


I figured it would be nice to post a few things to read while we all wait for the morels to March slowly north. Here are a few interesting and sometimes downright odd things I came across on the internet in searching for "mushroom stories" this winter.

What a way to give back to the environment and all of your hunting buddies. I can see it now.
"Old Tim, kicked the bucket last week" said the mushroom hunter to his buddy.
"That's too bad, Tim sure was a great guy and a great hunter" his buddy replied.
"Tis true, but did you hear he got one of them mushroom death suits?" he asked. "A least there's a bright side." His buddy looked puzzled until the hunter responded, "We will be eating fresh oysters in eight weeks."

I am not even going to touch this one, but next time you buy oysters, you may want to ask the guy what substrate material he used to grow them on or if he has a lot of kids under 2, buyer beware.



I am not a vegetarian, but I cannot wait to try this recipe.



No comments: