Friday, April 04, 2008

They're Here

Now don't get too excited, they are here but they are still very small. Of the nine I found today only one was big enough to take home, and I would have left it but I needed one for a photo with the daily newspaper when I got home. I really did not expect them to be out so soon but by gum there they were. I checked three spots today and saw nothing in the first two, but low and behold the third one held the first herald of Spring.



I probably would have never seen them if not for the big one here (and by big I mean about an inch). I picked the one on the back left.



When I took this photo I only saw the two but now that I look at it, I think I see another one peeking up.



I moved some leaves to put my hand down for a photo and found this itsy bitsy little pair.





And finally the photo for any doubters and the reason I had to bring one home. I didn't really expect to find them so I wasn't carrying the paper with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ahistory. Any since this. I went out Saturday with no luck. Am thinking I will try again tomorrow. with todays sun and hopefully tonights rain, I am wondering if I might have luck. Would love to hear if you found more this weekend.

I can be reached at sisterperlow@gmail.com

I live and hunt in Columbia