Saturday, April 11, 2009

Growth Experiment - part 2 (day 3 results)

Just a quick update on my experiment. After two days of being kept in a room with temps averaging 70 degrees, it grew a little bit. On day one it was 1 1/4 inches tall by 3/4 of an inch wide. Now it is 1 1/2 inches tall by an inch wide.

It ha also started to change color ever so slightly losing some of its greyness and getting just a tinge more yellow. Here is a picture.


I am going to bump up the temp a bit to 75 and see if it grows faster. Will keep you posted.

Just a reminder, here is a picture of this morel in the wild. It is the taller one. It was less than an inch in this photo taken last Sunday.

2 comments:

Bradford said...

Amazing! I hunted today with no success, but this looks amazing. I hope it turns yellow :)

David(SW IL) said...

That's awesome! I have good vibes about your experiment, keep up the good work! I may have to try that sometime...