Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The reports keep coming in...

...so, I thought I would share a few.

Here are some nice morels found by my fellow Mid-MO bloggers, David and Angie over at the
Family of Four blog.
They happened out in the mists of Sunday afternoon and rounded up what they called "a nice little appetizer."


Looks like they did good, despite the early conditions keeping things from really coming on just yet. Not many people are out just yet and for good reason. It's not easy to find early season morels. You really have to know right where to look or just stumble around the woods by blind luck and come across the right tree.




Talk about trees, here is a nice cluster that was found by fellow hunter, Tim from Lebanon, MO.
He found this along with quite a few more for a total of 106 morels and they were all around one tree. Those seasoned readers will probably be able to guess what kind of tree it was, but for the rest, do a little research and I bet you can figure it out real quick.

Speaking of hitting the motherlode. Did you see this video by from O'Fallon, Illinois KTVI-FOX2? (I hope this works, my first attempt at embedding a video).
Talk about the grass being greener. I wish that was my backyard!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.